top of page
Northlakes Kangaroos New Club Grounds.jpg

Blue Card Application

There is a two part process, once you have been assigned your Blue Card Identity number North Lakes Kangaroos will need this link to our register, please ensure you provide this identification number to our Registrar. 


To work or volunteer in regulated child-related employment or operate a regulated child-related business in Queensland, you may need a blue card or exemption card.

Following the process outlined on this page to apply for a blue card or exemption card will help to ensure you have everything ready to complete your application. 

Check your eligibility

To help ensure the safety of children and young people in Queensland, the blue card system stops certain people from holding or applying for a blue card. Find out if you are eligible to hold a blue card.

Prove your identity

You will need a Customer Reference Number (CRN) from the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) before you apply for your blue or exemption card to prove your identity. You can find your CRN on any TMR product.

If you don’t have a CRN, or your photo has expired, you will need to visit a TMR customer service centre to obtain one. If you are unable to visit TMR or live interstate you can still apply for a CRN from them.

There is no fee to get a CRN or have your photo updated.

Getting a CRN in person

To get a CRN you must:

When you have done this, you will need to wait for the CRN confirmation letter/email. When the confirmation arrives, keep it in a safe place as you will need the CRN to register for an online account to apply for your blue card.

To update your expired photo, take your TMR product to a TMR customer service centre to obtain a new photo. They will keep the new photo on file for the next time you renew your TMR product.


If you are unable to attend a TMR customer service centre or you live interstate you can contact us to request a remote pack.

You can complete a remote pack if:

  • you live interstate

  • you live in a remote area of Queensland and cannot get to a TMR customer service centre

  • if it is genuinely unreasonable or difficult for you to attend a TMR customer service centre.

People who are coming from overseas must wait until they arrive in Queensland to visit a TMR customer service centre to apply for a CRN.

Apply for a blue card or exemption card

To apply for a blue or exemption card, follow these 3 steps.

  1. Have your CRN nearby to reference.

  2. Register for an online account. This is how we verify your identity and obtain the photo for your card.

  3. Apply for your blue or exemption card using the online applicant portal or download the paper form.

bottom of page